"Ehhh I don’t know, are you sure, Marie?" A 20-something girl’s guide to the tell- tale signs that you’re dating a Mr. Know-It-All
I’ve recently dated a “Mr. Know-It-All and NOW just noticed it! You’re probably wondering how I managed to pull that one off? Honestly, I don’t even know. The sad part is that I was actually “friends” with Justin for 4 years! It just goes to show you how much you don’t really know a person.
Let’s begin shall we,
1) Just because you went to NYU doesn’t make you a big shot.
- To be fair, he worked really hard to get into NYU. What annoyed me the most was that he’ll never admit to how much of a nerd he really was in high school. But he has the nerve to call Star Wars nerdy….I’m sure the only reason why he never saw it was because he felt that that would make him really “nerdy”. Yes, he called me a nerd for liking Star Wars and didn’t understand why I would be into that.
Umm…HELLO!!! It’s Stars Wars!!!2) The 3 Things He’ll Never Tell You - according to his friends
- SAT Score
- What was the gift that he sent someone back in 2010 for her birthday
I get the salary, SAT score…okay but like who remembers their score? He does. Lol The gift thing was very odd because it was nothing special that he sent me.
The whole point of this category was that it really annoyed me when he made me feel bad about him spending money on me. Meanwhile, he would always ask me why I would never let him pay for my lunch, dinner, or drinks. Umm…well sir. This is why.
3) “Bridge Over Water” - Justin
- Yes, he graduated from NYU but can’t remember a simple phrase like ” Water under the bridge”.
He really liked the fact that I called him out when he said stupid shit like that. Honestly, I love making fun of people because I say stupid shit like that all the time!
4) “But I want someone to challenge me” - Justin
- No, I don’t want to argue with my boyfriend about everything! I especially don’t want to always be right! That’s not a healthy and supporting relationship. And I most certainly don’t want to argue with you about where the women’s jackets are located in Macy’s…
5) The “Ehh…I don’t know Marie” Moment
"Ehh….I don’t know Marie, are you sure? It’s going to be really cold. I don’t know" - Justin
To recap, I spend majority of my commute on the train, in the subway, and for the rest of the day at the office. So naturally I thought to myself, I’ll live.
Justin- “I don’t know, I’m just saying it gets really cold in the subway.”
Me- “I’ll be fine. Plus I’m broke and can’t afford to drop $300 on a jacket right now. I’ll be okay.”
Justin- “Are you sure? Ehh, I don’t know, Marie.”
!@$@ Sir, if I want to freeze to death then let me. I’m an adult! I do what I want! That DROVE me crazyyyy every time he would say shit like that! And idiot me would listen to him and I would always end up second guessing myself.
Yes, I did end up buying that $300 jacket but for only this reason….
6) Its just a fucking jacket…
Back to Macy’s, so the jacket that I had originally wanted didn’t come in my size. I decided to buy a different style, but Justin insisted that we call every store in the city to check to see if they had the jacket in my size. Yes, super thoughtful of him. What made me want to punch him in the face was that he didn’t want me to buy the other jacket (that was in my size) because he didn’t want me to have to “settle”….. -_-
Hold on, you dragged me out to Macys after giving me this whole speech about how I’m going to freeze to death on my way to work. To basically turn around and try to convince me to not get a jacket period.
Yeah, I got the fucking jacket and it was worth every penny. Regardless of the fact that it’s a little big but I’m warm as fuck so no, I regret nothing.